The tour of Alberta is a world-class cycling event that will speed through Alberta this September. Now in it's second year, the inagural tour excited tens of thousands of racing fans throught the province and featured some of the finest athletes in the world. Starting in Calgary and ending in Edmonton, this years version will see cyclists traverse over 850 Km of some of the most challenging, breathtaking scenery anywhere on earth and thrill people across the province. As a start community, the City of Wetaskiwin is at the very heart of the action! we are excited to be part of an even bigger, better Tour of Alberta in 2014.
We're looking for the following positions for our Local Organizing (LOC) committee:
Chairperson: A community leader required for project support, community awareness and fundraising. Duties include:
• Direct contact for Tour Venue Director and staff – liaison between Tour staff and LOC members
• Responsible for communicating Tour plans and directives to all LOC staff members
• Responsible for coordinating and conducting regular LOC meetings and maintaining all LOC
functions based upon Tour-driven timeline
• Determine local sales (cash/VIK) goals
• Coordinate sales approach with Tour’s Sponsorship team
• Develop proper levels of local sponsorship packages
• Coordinate fulfillment of local sponsorship benefits with Sponsorship/Venue Directors
• Assists the Tour with contracting hotels for and for all necessary requirements (rooms, meals, auxiliary space)
• Assist with securing housing/rates for additional (paid) housing groups (media, Tourists)
• Assist with transportation needs of local LOC members, volunteers, etc.
VIP / Hospitality Director:
• Assist with Tour’s Hospitality area – set-up, operations, etc.
• Manage all local sponsorship/sponsor needs
• Coordinate local awards presenters, local awards, flowers, etc. with Venue Director
• Assist with accreditation system (wristbands), including enforcement
• Distribute hospitality invitations to respective LOC guests
Auxiliary Events / Food Director:
• Coordinate “festival-like” atmosphere before, during and after Tour
• Assist with logistical details regarding the coordination of local ancillary events and Tour
• Assist with all aspects of Tour’s Festival activities
Contact Karen Schatschnieder at 780-361-4417 if interested!