Enhancing Your Community
Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) enhances your community by building partnerships and relationships to better our residents’ quality of life. Our partnerships are flexible and ever-changing to meet the needs of our community.
Wetaskiwin Secret Santa
FCSS is proud to be a partner in the Wetaskiwin Secret Santa campaign. A community coming together to help those in need is the goal of the Secret Santa program. Over the years, individuals, organizations and businesses throughout Wetaskiwin and area have always come through for those in our community who could use a helping hand during the Christmas season.
- Informal, open meetings with representatives from agencies, organizations, non-profits, and all others interested. Members meet to share information about services and social programs in the City of Wetaskiwin. Everyone is welcome to attend!
- Meetings provide an opportunity for service providers to network and discuss social issues that are important to people in our community.
- Inter-agency provides the opportunity to develop partnerships and avoid duplication of services.
- Meetings are from 9:00 am to 11:00 am on the third Wednesday of every second month, January, March, May, September, and November (no meetings in the summer months). Meeting locations and host agencies are determined at each previous meeting.
- For time and location of the next meeting and to be added to the contact list, contact us at (780) 361-4425 or email the Family and Community Support Services Department.
FCSS is proud to be a part of the Annual Community Clean-up program. Taking pride in our community is important to our residents and we encourage everyone to do their part in making Wetaskiwin a clean and beautiful place to live. Look for more information about Community Clean-Up in the Spring and Fall.
Toy Lending Library
Need to give your children more variety in the toys they have to play with? Are you looking for toys that will help with motor skill development and challenge you children's imaginations? Are you a grandma, grandpa, auntie or uncle with little ones coming to visit and NO TOYS? Then you need to visit the Toy Lending Library. There is a wonderful library of toys for children ages 0-6 that you can borrow, just like you would borrow books from a public library. Contact Early Education & Family Wellness at 780-352-0224 for Toy Lending Library hours and for more information.
Wetaskiwin Parent Link
A one-stop shop for parents of pre-school age children to connect with their community and each other. Visit their website for more information.